I have recently seen apple chips all over grocery stores and coffee shops. It makes sense because they are a delicious snack and on top of that they are healthy! But did you know you could make them yourself? It’s the perfect way to use any bruised apples that no one wants and they are SUPER EASY to make. the only downside is they take a while to make in the oven but it is definitely worth the wait!
Makes- 20 chips per apple Time-1hour and 15minutes
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F
- Slice the apples horizontally, making sure the slices are thin (about 3cm) and remove any seeds from the slices and discard the top and bottom slice
- Place the chips on a nonstick baking pan or a pan covered in parchment
- Sprinkle the slices with some cinnamon and sugar
- Place in oven for 45mins-1hour, or until apples are crisp and slightly browned
- Let the chips cool for an additional few minutes and then they are done!
tip*green apples will give a more strong and sour taste while red will turn out much sweeter