These parmesan and pesto baked tomatoes are a perfect way to spice up some leftover tomatoes. You can use them for a quick sandwich or an easy appetizer to serve guests. The great part is you are not limited to parmesan You can use any cheese, such as mozzarella, goat cheese, and so on. I also decided to add pesto to a couple of the tomatoes for flavor.
Makes–about 5 per tomato Time–15 minutes
- cheese (I used parmesan, mozzarella, and goat cheese)
- The instructions are simple, first turn your oven to broil
- Slice your tomatoes then spread some pesto onto each one and finally cover each tomato with cheese
- Place them onto a pan and into the oven and wait until the cheese becomes slightly browned (about 2-3 minutes)
- Leave them to cool for a few minutes then serve on bread or in a sandwich