To begin I would like to say, these muffins are practically fail safe. These are the firsts muffins I ever made, and they have worked out perfectly every time since. Most people like banana chocolate chip muffins so these will definitely become a staple. For this recipe and any other muffin recipe, I would recommend using silicone reusable muffin cups. They are way better for the environment and you can throw them into the dishwasher to clean them. I only discovered them recently but will definitely be using them more often.
Makes – 12 muffins Time – 45 minutes total
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 handfull of chocolate chips
**coconut oil is a healthy replacement for unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line the muffin tray with paper or silicone liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth, then pour in chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pans (about 1/4 cup).
- Bake muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins should be lightly browned and a toothpick should come out clean.
For a similar recipe check out my Carrot Muffins In a Blender or these neat Oatmeal & Banana pancakes: with simple ingredients