These muffins were made by throwing a whole bunch of ingredients in a Vitamix and blending them together to make a perfect muffin batter. The muffins come out perfectly every time, with the perfect amount of moisture and just the right amount of flavor. The great thing about these muffins is that they are healthy and they can be made in any high-speed blender.
Because it’s fall I’ve been making these a lot lately (or shall I say, my mother has been) and they are great for this season because they have the slightest hint of pumpkin. You could also add a handful of raisins or chopped walnuts to this recipe depending on what you like. For another great muffin recipe check out my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes – 12 muffins Time – 45 minutes total
- 1 2/3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) light grapeseed oil**
** You could also use olive oil but grapeseed oil may give the muffins a better taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners (or reusable ones)
- Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir lightly. Set aside.
- Place carrots into the blender and secure lid.
- Select low speed.
- Blend for 5 seconds until very finely chopped. Stop machine and remove the lid.
- Add eggs, sugar, and oil to the carrots in the blender container and secure lid.
- Turn the machine on and gradually increase to a higher speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Pour carrot mixture into flour mixture and fold to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.