This week I wanted to make a refreshing snack, packed with fruits and vegetables, however, I also wanted to make something with a punch of flavour so it would be tasty at the same time. This recipe is the perfect mix of flavours! It is healthy and tasty, colourful and VEGAN. With all the different fruits, veggies and other nutritious add-ons, you are sure to have your fix of nutrients for the day.
I decided to put this recipe on a cracker because my inspiration was a veggie topped cracker. However, these ingredients can be used in a salad or even sandwich. There are quite a few different ingredients and I realize that some fruits and vegetables just don’t appeal to everyone. This combo was my favourite but you can substitute any of the ingredients to your own liking!
Ingredients: ** ingredients in brackets are not vegan
** ingredients in brackets are not vegan
- large sesame crackers
- hummus (could also use tzatziki and or goat cheese)
- sweet potatoes -baked to a soft texture
- 1 radish
- ground pepper
- To begin, you will want to start to prepare your sweet potato. to do this you can bake it traditionally in an oven, or microwave it for ten minutes (This is what I did.)
- Next, you will want to prepare your ingredients. Place the hummus onto the crackers and spread evenly. Take some of the baked sweet potato flesh and spread it onto the cracker. Slice the avocado into strips and season with lime and paprika. Using a veggie slicer or sharp knife, slice the cucumbers, carrots, radish, and tomatoes into thin circular slices.
- Place the sliced avocado, spinach, and all the sliced veggies onto the cracker. Top with pepper and voila!
Tip: make this recipe in large batches so that it last and can be used throughout the week in sandwiches salads and more!
The only ingredient that needs to be cut fresh is the avocado because it browns very quickly.
Don’t forget to follow my blog and stay tuned for new posts every Friday