Who doesn’t want a warm pizza every now and then? The only problem is store bought pizza is unhealthy and expensive while homemade pizza, is difficult to make and time-consuming! Luckily there is a third option, you can make your own pita pizza using ingredients you already have in your fridge. This will take you no more than 20 minutes and you will have the perfect sized, healthy homemade pizza. I make this all the time when I’m out of lunch ideas or I’m in a rush. for this recipe, there is no need to make your own dough and the pizzas only take 15 minutes to bake.
This pizza recipe has a couple vegetables in it as well but they are easily disguised and you can barely taste them. this way you can get your kids or your family to eat something healthy without even knowing it! For this recipe, I used zucchini and mushrooms. these are ingredients I don’t typically like but I don’t taste them at all when they are in this pizza. You can use any vegetables at all in this recipe. You can place the veggies right on top of the pizza or underneath the cheese to help disguise them.
Makes- As many as you want! Time-20 minutes
- tomato sauce
- shredded cheese
- goat cheese (optional)
- Gather your ingredients and place the pitta onto the pan(s) you would like to bake with, and preheat the oven to 350
- Cover the pita with tomato sauce.
- To prepare the veggies, wash them and then place them in a blender until they are finely chopped but not mushy or puréed
- Sprinkle the veggies onto the pizzas, followed by the shredded cheese, adding small chunks of goat cheese last.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on 350, or until cheese has started to turn golden brown. Serve warm