Let’s admit it, grilled cheese is one of the easiest tastiest lunches to make. You can make it in the oven on the stove or even in the microwave. However, grilled cheese is not the healthiest option and I find myself getting tired of it after a while. Luckily, I found this easy grilled cheese recipe that is not only healthy but tasty as well. I love this recipe because it is flavourful and packed with greens!
- sliced whole wheat bread
- sliced Havarti cheese- 2 slices per full sandwich
- pesto sauce -1 spoonful
- avocado- sliced
- goat cheese- 1 spoonful
- spinach- 5 leaves per sandwich
- Butter the outsides of your bread so it does not stick to the pan
- Place 1 slice of cheese, pesto, sliced avocado, spinach, and goat cheese onto the bread in that order.
- Top with another slice of cheese and your second piece of bread
- Preheat the pan on the stove to medium-low.
- When the pan is heated place the grilled cheese onto the pan for about 2 minutes or until it is golden brown. Flip the grilled cheese and leave for another minute until it is also golden brown
- Serve warm