This is the perfect treat for anyone who is looking for a completely healthy dessert. I know it sounds impossible but this recipe uses no sugar, no egg, no butter, no milk and no flour. It is astonishing that these cookies actually turned out the way I had planned and they taste just like ginger cookies. The thing with these cookies is that they have to be made thin or they may turn out too soft and crumbly. Personally, I prefer the cookies to be slightly crispy, and chewy which is exactly how these cookies turned out. For similar recipe check out these Gluten-Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies or these
Makes- 14 cookies Time-15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 1tablespoon almond butter
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar to top the cookies (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a dough forms. The dough should be sticky and not too liquidy.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop 1tsp of the dough from the bowl and flatten with a spoon or butter knife. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. If bubbles start to form do not worry they should settle.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray and serve when cooled.