These pancakes are inspired by a recipe I saw on TV made by Jamie Oliver. I love this recipe because it is super healthy; containing lots of fruit (one full fruit serving) and you can make the batter in a blender easily. The pancake batter is also completely vegan and gluten-free, which is great because it is hard to find good vegan and gluten-free pancake recipes. The first time I made these I had a couple issues so with a couple changes in the recipe I came up with a great, easy-to-make pancake recipe that is sure to make wonderful pancakes
For another great pancake recipe check out these 4 ingredient Oatmeal & Banana pancakes
Makes-6 large pancakes Time-20 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas (cut into pieces)
- olive oil
- strawberries, blackberries, raspberries,
- maple syrup
- greek yogurt
- Blend the almond milk, vanilla, almonds, flour, baking powder and chopped bananas on high speed for a minute or until very smooth.
- Preheat a pan on medium heat.
- Once heated spread a bit of olive oil all over the pan.
- Pour about 3/4 cups of batter onto the pan and make sure it spreads evenly. Leave the pancake to cook for about 3 minutes.
- While the first side is cooking thinly slice the strawberries and push them into the uncooked side of the pancake. After the first side is cooked, flip and cook the second side for 2 minutes.
- Once the pancake is done it should be golden brown and firm on both sides, and it can be left on a plate to cool.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each pancake.
- Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, Greek yogurt and a handful of berries on top.