This is one of the best snacks to make because it is filling and super tasty. It looks like a gourmet appetizer when really it only takes a couple of ingredients and a few minutes to put together. This is definitely a comfort food in my house because of its warm soft flavors. Unlike most comfort foods this is 100% healthy and made with the simplest ingredients. The recipe is packed with flavors both sweet and savory.
I love making this because it is really easy to make. I just microwave the potatoes for ten minutes and I have a healthy snack ready to go! The snack is also easy to eat which makes it great to serve to guests.
- Mini sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup baby kale
- 1tbs sesame seeds
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbs avocado oil (olive oil works as well)
- chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 200
- Slice mini potatoes in half (horizontally) and place in microwave for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the microwave, line a baking tray with parchment
- Place the kale onto the tray and season with oil making sure it is evenly coating the leaves.
- Season the kale with the sesame seeds and salt
- Once seasoned place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes and kale are ready, take them out and let them cool completely
- Once cool, top the sweet potatoes with hummus and place a couple kale chips on top of the potatoes.
- Season with chili flakes for added spice!