These are my new go-to treat! They are gluten-free and they require very simple ingredients. All you need is eggs, brown sugar, and peanut butter! I chose to cut down the usual amount of sugar to make the cookies much healthier. However, this made the cookies chewy as opposed to crispy! If you want to cut down on the sugar without compromising the crunch you can add 3 tablespoons of coconut flour which will soak up a lot of moisture! Personally, I loved the chewy, fudge-like texture!
The batter will look pretty moist. This is because there is nothing to soak up the moisture so you can add 3 tablespoons of coconut flour or another half cup of sugar!
Scoring is a classic and easy way to decorate peanut butter cookies. Simply run a fork across the unbaked cookies in a horizontal and vertical direction to create a checkered pattern.
Makes – 20 cookies Takes – 15 minutes
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Brown Sup Sugar
- 1 Egg
Optional – for flavor you can add a bit of cinnamon or vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend ingredients until smooth with a hand-held mixer.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of batter onto a tray and flatten
- using a fork create a scoring pattern by running a fork across the cookies in a horizontal and vertical
- Place the cookies in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes
- When the cookies are baked let them cool completely before you eat them!