Through some experimentation with ingredients, I have come up with these super cool chocolate cookies. They are gluten free and milk free, using only simple ingredients. I also chose to use farm raised eggs for this recipe. If you can, farm raised and free range eggs are ideal for ethical reasons. You can also look for fair trade cocoa. This recipe has no added sugar but the cookies are still sweet and it is extremely easy to make. These are my new all time favorite cookies!
This recipe uses simple ingredients. In a bowl, you can mix coconut flour, cacao powder, almond butter, honey, vanilla, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and one egg.
Simply blend the ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended but slightly crumbly. If the batter is so dry that it won’t stick together you can add more coconut oil or a touch of almond milk.
Using a measuring spoon scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter and pat/roll it into a cookie shape.
Simply add an almond and two chocolate chips on top. Then bake the cookies according to the recipes and let them cool completely.
Time – 20 mins Makes – 18-20 cookies
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20 almonds (roasted and salted)
- 40 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a cookie tray with parchment
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl (except the almonds and chocolate chips).
- Using an electric blender, blend the ingredients until combined. The batter should be moist but it should fall of the mixer blades easily.
- Using a measuring spoon scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter and pat/roll it into a cookie shape.
- Simply add an almond and two chocolate chips on top and press lightly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool completely and then serve.