Here is a fresh lunch idea that you can make with few ingredients. If you are like me you might get stuck eating the same things week after week, but I find it is always refreshing to try something new every now and then. This salad is really great to make if you have got leftover chicken that you don’t want to waste. Just like most salads, it is extremely easy to make, and it will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
- fresh spinach
- cooked chicken
- frozen butternut squash (in cubes)
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese
- lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar
*I like to cook a bunch of quinoa at once and then store it in the freezer in plastic bags. Then when I need to use it I can take some out and leave it to thaw.
- Take the frozen butternut squash and bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 350º.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While squash and quinoa are cooking slice the chicken, basil and cherry tomatoes.
- In a bowl mix the spinach, chicken, quinoa, basil, squash, and cherry tomatoes.
- Top the salad with goat cheese lemon juice and a bit of balsamic vinegar.