Looking for a quick guilt free snack? This snack is absolutely perfect and it tastes really good. I was not a huge fan of zucchini until I tried these. Not only did they turn out, but they were very crispy and tasty. They were the perfect snack to eat while studying and doing work as they provide nutrients but they are also comforting to eat. They definitely pass as chips in my opinion and with a bit of salt and paprika they are perfect!
To get that perfectly thin slice that is necessary for most vegetable chips, I used a potato peeler and it worked surprisingly well. The width of each slice was consistent and as a result, each chip was perfectly crisp. You can also use a vegetable slicer or sharp knife.
1 large zucchini + 1 small bowl (about a cup)
Takes: 45 minutes to bake – 5 minutes to prepare
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp avocado or other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, slice the zucchini into thin circles using a vegetable slicer, potato peeler or knife. (discard of the ends of the zucchini).
- In a bowl mix zucchini slices with 1 tbsp of olive or avocado oil until each slice is lightly coated
- Line a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper and place each slice on the pan ensuring no slice is overlapping.
- Sprinkle the paprika and salt evenly over the chips (do not over season – a little salt goes a long way because the chips will shrink)
- Place the pan of zucchini into the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes – 45 minutes (flipping them half way) until chips are lightly browned
*Tip, the chips may not be completely crisp until completely cool. Once they have cooled, if they are still not crisp, place back in the heated oven for intervals of 10 minutes until the chips appear slightly browned and crisper.