This 2 ingredient vegan ice cream, is the perfect guilt free treat because it is vegan, filling, and it only uses two healthy ingredients…bananas and nut butter. It is really similar to a previous recipe I tried 2 Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes : 4 ingredients but it is much easier to make and I liked the texture a lot more!
It is important to note that frozen bananas are the base of this recipe. In order to make blending the ingredients easier, I like to slice the banana up and place them in a plastic bag (as seen in the photo above).
TIP**For this recipe you need a high-speed blender or food processor that can blend frozen ingredients really well. If your blender does not quite blend the ingredients you can add almond or cashew milk until the ice cream is smooth (maximum 1 cup of almond milk) and then place the ice cream in the freezer for about 1 hour and 30 minutes
This snack is super customizable because you can change it to create an ice cream flavor you love! For example, I used peanut butter and added cocoa powder to make a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. You can use any nut butter you wish to use such as almond, pecan, cashew, or peanut butter for this recipe. You can even use a combination of nut butter. Finally, I like to add toppings to make the treat that much better. I topped the ice cream with fruit, berries, chocolate chips, nuts and even sprinkles.
Serves – 2 people
- 2 bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 3/4 cups nut butter
Optional add-ins: cocoa powder, chocolate chips, cinnamon, vanilla, nuts, fruit, berries.
Optional toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, sliced nuts, syrup, berries, fruit.
- 1 cup Almond/ Nut milk – may be necessary depending on how well your blender can process frozen ingredients
- Place frozen bananas and nut butter in a high-speed blender along with any additional add-ins you would like
- Blend ingredients until smooth (you may need to add almond milk to help the blending process)
- once the ice cream is blended you can serve and eat it or you can place it in the freezer for up to an hour until it is the desired consistency
**The ice cream in the photos was not placed in the freezer and no almond milk was added creating a frozen yogurt like consistency.