It is the holiday season, and there is nothing better than pancakes and fruit in the morning! These pancake skewers are the perfect healthy holiday treat for guests and kids. They are easy to make and the pancakes only contain four ingredients.
I decided to use a healthier pancake batter, with only four ingredients, for this recipe. It simple containing only spelt flour, bananas, eggs, and baking powder. The pancakes are not very sweet on their own so adding berries and/or maple syrup will give them a nice touch of sweetness. You can also add sugar, date sugar or honey to the batter to make the pancakess sweeter
These adorable dollar pancakes are super quick and easy to make. You have to make a lot of them in order to make enough skewers. I would recommend using a large pan and making 5-6 at a time. I made a total of about 60 pancakes so I did about 10 rounds of pancakes in the pan.
The fun part about these is putting them together onto the skewers. I had fun experimenting with some different patterns and combinations and you can always add more or less fruit depending on what you like.
Makes – 6 skewers Time – 1hour total
For the pancake batter
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional for sweetness)
For the skewers
- 2 bananas
- fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- maple syrup or chocolate sauce to drizzle
**you will also need skewers
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat
- In a blender, mix 1 banana, 1 egg, spelt flour, almond milk and the sugar if necessary.
- Once the batter is smooth scoop 1 tablespoon of batter to create a small pancake. Scoop four more tablespoons onto the pan ensuring none of the scoops are touching, to create four more small pancakes.
- Let the pancakes cook for 1-minute and then flip and let cook for 45 more seconds.
- Once pancakes are fully cooked and slightly browned on both sides, remove from the pan and let cool
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all batter is used up (about 10 more times)
- Once all pancakes are cooked wash the berries. Slice the remaining bananas and the strawberries into circles.
- Assemble the skewers by sliding fruit and pancakes onto the skewers.
- Drizzle the skewers with syrup or chocolate sauce for sweetness and serve.