It is recipes like this one that I love to make because they are fail-safe and they take practically no time at all! This pasta salad is a great lunch and last minute dinner and you can eat it warm or cold. If you ever need a last minute meal to bring to someone’s house this is a great option! It is healthy, super tasty and the ingredients are so simple.
I usually add in cherry tomatoes, scallions (green onions), goat cheese, black beans, pepper and olive oil. You can always add or remove ingredients you don’t like to customize the salad! Personally, I love this particular combination of ingredients and I think it makes for the perfect pasta salad.
When making this salad you can really use any type of pasta. I would stick to shorter pasta as opposed to spaghetti or noodles because they make it more difficult to eat.
All you need it’s:
- One package of any type of short pasta
- 1cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 scallions
- can of black beans
- 1/2 cup goats cheese
- lemon juice (1 lemon)
- olive oil (roughly 1 tablespoon)
- black pepper
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions
- While the pasta is cooking slice the cherry tomatoes in half, chop up the scallions and wash the black beans
- When pasta is cooked and drained add the cherry tomatoes, scallions, black beans, goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper
- Serve warm or cold