This is the perfect dish for those days when you are craving a warm meal. It is also a great idea to make if you have leftover chicken or meat. This dish consists of sweet potato, chicken, micro coriander, goats cheese, lime juice, spices, and cooked buckwheat. If you have never tried cooked buckwheat it is definitely worth it. I prefer buckwheat as an alternative to rice and sometimes even quinoa because it is much more hearty and I prefer the taste.
Time: 1 hour Serves: 4
- 1 cup buckwheat groats or kasha (toasted buckwheat groats)
- 1 sweet potato
- precooked chicken
- lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/ cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup micro green coriander
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet into multiple slices (widthwise) about 1/4 inch thick. Once the oven is preheated place the slices the baking tray and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until soft.
- While the sweet potato is cooking combine 1 cup buckwheat groats and 2 cups water in a pot. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid and rinse groats with cold water for about 30 seconds so it is not too hot and it does not become mushy.
- Once buckwheat is drained and slightly cooled place it in a bowl. Mix in lime juice, some ground pepper, paprika, thyme,
- Top the buckwheat with goat cheese, micro coriander, slices of chicken and sweet potato slices.