I have been experimenting with gluten-free bread and loafs lately. This one has got to be on of the best. It is a perfect dessert when you are craving something sweet but it is completely guilt free and healthy.
The batter is super easy to mix together. For this batter, I used buckwheat flour which is a very healthy gluten-free flour alternative. Don’t let the name fool you it is completely gluten-free. You will need a blender to make this batter because it uses dates as the sweetener.
Once baked I found that this recipe tastes the best when it is warm. You can reheat a slice in the oven, microwave or toaster.
- 15 pitted dates
- 3 medium bananas peeled
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus another 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Add the pitted dates, bananas, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and almond milk in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine baking powder, buckwheat flour, ground almonds, cinnamon and ground cloves into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in your date banana mixture
- When the batter is combined pour it into a 20cm pan lined with parchment top with chopped almonds and the rest of the chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven let it cool for about 20 minutes then remove it from your loaf pan and let it cool completely.