There is no combo better than peanut butter and chocolate, and if you agree you have to try these scones. They can be made in a Vitamix or other food processor/blender which makes them super simple and easy to make. I am all about easy baking and this is definitely a fail safe recipe. For more recipes like this check out the Vitamix cookbook and please note this is not the exact original recipe.
Time: 30 minutes Makes: 8 scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated date sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold vegan becel
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- place flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt into the Vitamix and blend for 2-3 seconds.
- Add butter and blend for another 6 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and stir in chocolate chips, then set aside.
- add milk, egg, and peanut butter into the Vitamix and blend for 10 seconds. Pour the wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir until even.
- Flour a working surface and scoop mixture onto the floured surface. Knead the dough and then shape into a disk 8 inches in diameter.
- Cut disk into 8 wedges and place them 2 inches apart on the parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.